Wild sustainable one-pan Cajun salmon with courgette pasta
By Jessica Sepel
This healthy dinner dish uses MSC certified wild sustainable salmon. Full of Cajun inspired flavours, this dish is perfect for weeknight dinners and can be served within minutes! Plus, look how good this looks!!
- 2 MSC certified sustainable salmon fillets skin-on 280g (look for the MSC blue fish tick)
- 2 tbsp cajun spice
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2–3 medium courgettes, spiralised or 2 x packets of store-bought zucchini noodles
- 80g baby tomatoes
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Coat the MSC certified sustainable salmon fillets in the cajun spice. Set aside.
- Next, add the spiralised courgette, tomatoes, more olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Add the salmon fillets to the other side of the frying pan and cook for 3–5 minutes on each side until the salmon is golden.
- Keep tossing the courgette noodles in the pan until they’re cooked. After about 7 minutes, everything should be well cooked.
- Serve in the pan with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
This week is NZ’s first Sustainable Seafood Week! We all have a role to play to look after our seas, and picking sustainable seafood is a great way to help. Sustainable seafood has been caught in a way that means there’s plenty more fish in the sea now and in the future. You can look for the blue fish tick label on a seafood product!