The divine Megan Papas, from ZM’s Fletch Vaughan and Megan, is the host of the brand new TVNZ show Glow Up NZ, where talented young Kiwis compete in makeup artistry challenges, exploring different genres and mind-blowing, internet-trending styles. She gives us a peek into her handbag and the must-have-items within it!
The Bag: This bag is the first ever designer bag I bought. (I have two; that made it sound like I have a library of designer bags!) It’s from Valentino, I am more of a shoe girl than a bag girl. But I love this one because, while its simple and black, it still makes a statement.
1. Hand sanitiser! Unfortunately it’s the world we live in atm. I have a bigger bottle in my car permanently, but I do love this mini Ecoya in their best flavour Guava and Lychee Sorbet, fits in my bag, and smells devine!
2. My MAC Blot Powder. I wake up and do my makeup at 4am, and by the time it gets to 9am, I am seeing other humans, and I am well shiny! A little dab dab, and you’re sorted.
3. Bondi Sands Lip Balm. I love this lip balm, it smells like a tropical holiday, and we aren’t getting one of those any times soon, are we! Plus SPF!
4. Sunnies. These are one of my more modest pairs of sunnies, a good old pair of black Pradas which suit any outfit or occasion, so they generally stay in my bag.
5. I usually have multiple lipsticks in my bag, but I always have a daytime shade and a, ‘ok, I have found myself at some sort of function’ shade. At the moment, I’ve got MAC Marrakesh, and Velvet Teddy.
6. Because of the red lipstick I feel like a compact mirror is necessary. I can’t do that blind!
7. I keep a Mesoestetic Sun Stick in my bag at all times. It has super high SPF protection. I had to burn a nasty off my lip, it turns out lipstick does not protect your lips from the sun, so I keep this bad boy in there, not just for my lips but my nose, ears… anything on my face that might need extra protection!
8. And, because no one wants to smell bad, a mini fragrance. This is one of my absolute favs, Givenchy L’Interdit.
Glow Up NZ is streaming now on TVNZ OnDemand, with new episodes every Wednesday